Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, December 21, 2009

Woohoo! Woohoo!

I am so darn excited my toes are tingling! And it’s kind of silly really…

A has gone to pick up a mini deep freezer to put in our laundry room. Now, to most people this probably wouldn’t be quite as big a reason for celebration as it is at our house…

You see, I grew up in a household where monthly shopping trips were the rule—at least for as long as I can remember. After the payday at the end of the month, my mom and one of we three kids would head off on the “monthly shopping trip” where food enough was purchased to last throughout the whole month. So that’s how I learned to grocery shop—I stockpile, and buy a lot of something that is on sale, because hey, it can be frozen and used later.

Except as things stand now in A and I’s little house, it can’t. We only have a refrigerator freezer, which doesn’t very well lend itself to stockpiling. At all! And it has been a struggle for us to try and shop for just a couple of weeks at a time because we are both of the ‘stockpile’ mentality (his mom didn’t monthly shop, but they DEFINITELY bought a lot of stuff on sale and stockpiled!).

You may be wondering, “Well, why don’t those silly people just put in a deep freezer? Then their problems would be solved!”
And I would agree with that line of thinking except for the teensy little fact that we just don’t have the space for one. Even if we smushed everything together as much as possible, we just have no way of squeezing one in—most especially in our laundry room, which is the most logical place for a freezer. (We have about a 4 foot width to work with because the washer and dryer take up most of one wall.)

And Saturday when we went on our little grocery shopping trip to good ‘ol Walmart, we found it. IT. The perfect one! It is a cute little 7 cubic foot freezer! Just perfect for our little laundry room. But we wanted to make sure it would fit before we shelled out that kind of money (and because it wouldn’t have fit in the car anyway), so we wrote down the dimensions for measuring.

Today, A got off work early, so he is going to measure up the space and make sure it will fit and if it does (which I’m assuming it will because he hasn’t let me know otherwise and that was a couple hours ago) we will have a deep freezer! Our days of trying not to buy too much food will be over and we can buy more than 2 frozen pizzas and 1 loaf of bread at a time!

Woohoo!!!

No comments: