Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

A bit of this and a bit of that

Here we are again (been a little while, hasn’t it?). Christmas is over, and I hope everyone’s was fantastic! Mine was filled with fun, family and lots of good times, a quilt rack, a clothesline, and some other awesome games, books, and clothes. Excellent Christmas all around.

And now we’re getting ready for the new year. Everyone’s making resolutions, many of which will be excellent in theory, but will never make it past the first week or two. I generally prefer not to make resolutions…I think it’s important to change yourself for the better whenever possible—not just when the calendar flips. If the opportunity for expanding your horizons, or getting in shape, or just making your life better comes along, I think its important to take that opportunity when it comes along, not wait a week until January 1st to make such great dreams and opportunities reality. But that’s just me.

Here’s an update on some recent events:

--The freezer is at our house (hooray!) and despite some initial setbacks (you know, like a plug-in that will actually work with it) we are almost set to go. We still have to clean the inside with baking soda and level it up, but then we should be able to plug it in, get things nice and cold, and take off with filling it up!

--Pretty sure the whole photography thing will just be a passing fancy. I’ll snag any information I can, of course, when it comes my way, but I don’t have the drive it would require to actually make anything of it at this point. Maybe someday…

--A and I are starting to make some VERY tentative plans for what we will do with our tax credit when we get that back. We need fences, a dishwasher, sidewalks or SOMETHING outside, and just some random other things that aren’t absolutely necessary but would be nice to have. I think we’re probably going to invest a lot of it back into our house to try and raise the value (and so we can get a puppy! Thus, the need for fences.) instead of save all of it. We could get more good out of it that way, and make some improvements we would not otherwise be making—money and all that being required.

--Our house is starting to look like a home, instead of just a place where we live! We have pictures on the walls, and are starting to get curtains and things like that around. I have to say, it’s probably about time. (We put that off awhile so we could get our feet under us, but it’s wonderful now!) Now, if only I could manage to get that last bit of stuff from Mom and Dad’s so that I would be officially COMPLETELY moved out… 

--New Year’s Plans? Probably the same as always, though it’s not set in stone yet. We usually go to the church get-together, and then to A’s parents’ house to play canasta. Hopefully my luck runs a little better than last time….last time I played canasta I lost horribly!


And…that’s all I can think of for now. Feel free to let me know your New Year’s (or what the heck, Christmas!) traditions! I love hearing how everyone celebrates holidays…

Toodles!

No comments: