Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, October 28, 2013

An Update!

Well, we are still working on electric…but it is almost done! A assures me there is just a little smidge more downstairs to do and it will be finished. Which will then be followed by insulation and drywall and…paint!!

I keep telling A that we need to go to the store and get more paint chips because I totally didn’t get enough the first time around. (Although it’s not like we’ve just been sitting around trying to find things to occupy our time!) I really would like to be prepared with what colors to buy ahead of time so we aren’t waiting on me. I think I have a general idea for about half the house – and I need paint chips to finish up the last half!

On the baby front, we have hit the 30 week mark (!), which seems unbelievable to me. 10 weeks left sounds like so little! We still don’t really have anything ready…we have half a crib that A’s cousin very nicely gave to us since she was finished with it – unfortunately the front panel was in storage at the time we picked it up and they were in the middle of moving so…we don’t have that part yet. But half a crib is better than nothing, right? We also need to hit a fabric store to pick out fabric to have the rocking chair I got from A’s grandparents’ sale reupholstered. And we have a dresser. That’s pretty much it! The showers are scheduled though and I am completely resisting the temptation to check what is missing from the registries! We are getting more and more excited with each passing week. Oh, and we do have a few clothes that a friend gave me and that Mom found at some garage sales. Mom washed them up for us and it is so lovely to smell that wonderful baby laundry smell…

Hopefully we will be able to start moving forward on the house more quickly once the electric is finished – it seems like it has taken a long time, but doing it ourselves has saved us a LOT of money. Which is always a good thing. I’m getting ready to see it look more like a finished product!

No comments: