Well it has been awhile, I know! There has been a ton going
on, so I’ll try to bring you up to date without overlapping information.
*The rock is going up on the outside of the house – this is
the last outside finishing. It looks really good! I was a teensy bit worried it wouldn’t match the siding well, since we had
to choose it by holding the rock book up to the siding instead of checking out
some samples in person. There just wasn’t time. Thankfully, it turned out
wonderfully.
*Indoors, I don’t know if I mentioned it, but all the
doorknobs are on my exterior doors. This thrills me tremendously, and probably
a bit more than it should…but it is just cool to be able to walk into our new
house through normal functioning doors!
*The garage door is installed and the opener works when it
is hooked up. I love the door. Through some issues at the company with
backordering the door we initially chose (which was pretty much a cheapie as
much as possible), we ended up getting a carriage style door for the same cost
as the door we had ordered initially because of the time constraints we were
under at the time to get the house closed up. So we basically got 15 to 20% of
our door free! It is beautiful, and more what I would have chosen if cost was
no issue, so I’m happy with it!
*We ordered the kitchen cabinets and counters – they should
be in later this month. We aren’t ready for installation yet but we couldn’t
pass up the kitchen and bath sale at Menard’s! It saved us about $2,000! Not
too shabby! I’m very anxious to see these!
*We ordered the bath vanities at the Menard’s sale as well,
and they are ready to be picked up. I hope they turned out well! Although to be
honest, we went for the cheapest we could get in most cases. These things can be
upgraded later and just aren’t that crucial right now, as long as we have
something!
*This past weekend we got a fabulous start on running the
wire – we opted to do the electric ourselves because it would cost a BUNDLE to
have it done for us. Luckily, we have a lot of family and friends that have
plenty of knowledge and experience to help us out and get it done safely. We
are saving an immense amount and certainly wouldn’t be able to do it ourselves!
Most of the wire for the house circuits has been run – now it’s all about
getting everything connected and plugs and all that good stuff. After that
comes insulation and drywall – it will be looking fabulous!

No comments:
Post a Comment