Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, April 5, 2013

Yay! Stakes!


We have stakes! We have stakes!

Yesterday, A and his boss and our carpenter were FINALLY able to get the house staked out…so this is really happening now!

We went to see it last night so I could give “approval” (like I will know if something is not right at this point – but it looked perfectly A-ok to me!) and just so I could see it and take a few pictures. I won’t post them here, because 1) I don’t have the camera with me, and 2) it really doesn’t look like much in pictures. It doesn’t really look like much in person, either, when it comes down to it, until you start walking through it and analyzing in relation to our plans what each of these stakes and paint spots means.

We took a “tour” of our house, and Mom, Dad, and Grandma got a grand tour, too. I think we are all just super excited to have some visible progress for once! It seems as if we have been waiting forever at times.

The next step, I believe, is digging the basement. Which cannot happen right away because we are supposed to have a whopping 4 days of rain next week  - whoopee. (Does anyone else see a pattern here with weather delays? First 5 inches of snow…now 4 days of rain…) But after everything dries up, hopefully we will have a bit more progress really soon!
I need to call the electric company to get that ball rolling and get our current house posted in the newspaper and on some sites…we do not want 2 houses! I have plans to take pictures of the inside of the house tomorrow when it is supposed to be nice and the sun will be shining, so hopefully the light helps me out for some good pictures!

No comments: