Well, we are at a standstill as far as visible progress goes…still
nothing but stakes in the ground. It has been raining every day or night for
the past two weeks. Which hopefully will help make this summer a little better
and more bearable, but does not contribute anything productive to my house!
We have been working behind the scenes a bit though. This
morning A met with a representative from the electric company we will be
switching to, and they have started working through the process of arranging
new poles and lines and getting easements across neighbors, etc. I don’t
anticipate any problems there, but according to A we will have a couple of
different options. I hope it goes well…we don’t want any neighbor disputes this
early! Well, ever, but definitely not before we’re even there to dispute with.
We have posted our current home on Craigslist and I linked
to it on Facebook trying to get the word out. I emailed the local paper last
night with information to post our house there. It’s hard to sell by ourselves
just because when you google houses for sale in the area it only pulls homes
that are listed with a realtor. Which we would like to avoid if possible. We
may have to look into that down the road if we don’t make any progress. I don’t
want 2 houses at once!
In other news, A and I are really missing setting up a
garden this year. It just wasn’t feasible with the house building (once we get
going, I’m sure it will take a ton of our time since we are planning to do so
much ourselves), and with us possibly moving at any time if we sell our house.
We really enjoy that process of working the soil and planning the placement of
the plants and what type of plants to even get! We feel a little lost now
because that’s what we are typically doing this time of year and our new house
hasn’t started taking up our time yet. We are hoping to get a couple of big
fertilizer tubs from Grandma to plant a single tomato plant, and maybe a pepper
plant in – that way they will be portable! But we just haven’t gotten that done
yet.
Yesterday I (FINALLY!) finished my “house book”. Which is
actually two books – I took two 3 inch 3-ring binders and organized all our
house materials brochures and ideas and tips and phone numbers and forms and
paint chips and all that stuff. They are pretty cool if I say so myself, and I
think they will be helpful when it comes to actually choosing and purchasing
materials. Everything is now in one place and is portable – we will just have
to decide which book we need and take it with us! I’m anticipating the
collection of information shrinking as we eliminate products and that
eventually I’ll have it down to one book. Which will be a very nice memento of
this very complicated process we are navigating!

No comments:
Post a Comment