Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, March 28, 2013

And we are...


Waiting…again.

We DID get that 5 or so inches of snow, so…our hill was completely covered with snow. It is just now melting off into a nice muddy mess. We need the moisture desperately after last year’s summer, but it’s hard not to get impatient because darn it! I’m ready to start my house!

So now we are back into a waiting game because nothing digging-wise or concrete-wise, or for that matter, driveway-wise can be done if you sink into the ground with every step. The big machines would be stuck in about 3 seconds flat. I understand the delay, but my impatience is mounting every day!

To mitigate the wait, I’m trying to get myself out to the hill one evening this week to try and take pictures before anything does happen. It will be nice to have those before and after pictures, I think. We went out after the first big snowstorm we had and got some really pretty pictures with all the sparkly snow! But I’d like some where it looks normal, too. The problem is, it keeps being cloudy…or raining…or we end up having to be somewhere else and I haven’t made it out there yet! If we can beat the chance of rain tonight, we are going out tonight. I think. Who knows?

I have been haunting Pinterest for the past few months looking for ideas for the house so I can pass the time and occupy my brain. There are a lot of beautiful products that I would LOVE to have but are for sure out of our price range, so I have been trying to use the pictures just as color scheme ideas or for ideas for general room feels. Or for future updates! My only frustration right now is that a lot of the rooms are GRAY. And while I am thinking I’ll probably have at least one gray room somewhere (probably my master bath with my rainbow towels…yay!), I definitely don’t want a house of all gray rooms! So I wish it were a bit easier to find some other ideas for room color…because a neutral house just doesn’t thrill me. I like a little…ok, a LOT of color! Makes it interesting.

So here’s to melting snow and drying up mud! Hopefully next time I’ll have a more exciting update!

No comments: