Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, April 22, 2013

Loggers for the weekend!


This weekend was eventful on our end  - we worked hard!

To get electricity connected to the new house/building site, we have to get and easement across our new neighbors’ (I think I might have mentioned that before), and after A spoke with a rep from the new electric company, we chose one of our 3 options. That option required a swath of trees to be cut on the neighbor’s property to provide sufficient clearance for the new lines and poles.

Since 1) we would like to get this show on the road as soon as possible, and 2) I’m not sure the neighbors would have done it for us anyway, we worked A LOT on that this weekend.  A went out Saturday to start the process and do at least as much as he could by himself, and then Sunday afternoon we went back out with my parents and youngest sister, M to finish as much as we could. Which required felling trees into a pretty heavily trafficked gravel road and stopping traffic and dodging gross wood worms and all kinds of exciting stuff.

I managed to obtain a fairly horrible sunburn on my face (I thought we would be in the woods. With shade. But it turns out there is no shade when you are cutting all the trees down. Go figure.) but we got the entire thing done! It feels really good. Now we are just waiting for the easement papers to be signed and we will be able to move forward with new electric! Yay!

We also heard from our excavator that we may be able to begin digging the basement this week if it doesn’t rain too much tomorrow. So keep your fingers crossed!

No comments: