This weekend we went out for A’s birthday dinner, and made
our requisite trip to Menard’s. LOVE that place. It’s so fun!
We looked at bathroom vanities and sinks and got some paint
chips. LOTS of paint chips. I would like to request that someone create a book
for each paint brand that includes all available colors. Because we have to be those people when we look at paint chips…
We have so many rooms (okay, a whole entire house!) to paint
when we get that far and there are so many options and ideas and colors
floating around in my head that a book will all colors would really be great.
Since there is NOT one however, we have to be those people who go along the row
picking out every single chip strip of certain shades. Because I don’t know
what I want, but I need to figure it out! I’m sure it will take me awhile to
commit and I want to be ready when that time comes so I don’t hold up the
process or end up painting the whole place tan just to get it painted. I think
I would flip out with an all tan house. (Don’t get me wrong – I like tan and
will probably use some, but the whole house in the same color – any color –
would just not work for me.) I like me some color! And bright color at that.
A found a lovely color called Yellow Coneflower that we are
looking at for the kitchen. It’s a goldenrod-ish color and we will probably go
with something in that family if not that particular shade because we have a
yellow kitchen now and I love it, plus it should look really nice with the warm
brown cabinets we are considering. I am also considering a light blue or a blue- toned gray for
the master bath. I think something along those lines would set off my rainbow
towels quite nicely. I would like to use some saturated blue and some brown maybe
somewhere, and A was really drawn to the bright oranges this weekend. Maybe in
the downstairs bathroom?
Paint color choosing is really rather difficult because I
will end up being stuck with those lucky chosen colors for at least a good
while before it would be feasible to repaint. So I want to pick good ones! They
set the whole tone for how a home feels, I think. I was really happy with the
colors I chose for our current home, so hopefully I achieve the same happy
results! It’s quite a process.

No comments:
Post a Comment