Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Cooking Club

A while back I got one of those random mailings requesting me to join a club. A cooking club. Normally, I would have taken a looksy through the stuff and then sent it on its merry way into the trash can...but this time I didn't. That's right, I got sucked into the hype. But I kind of like it!

For $1 a month I get a magazine, access to their website and the option to test out products for them. (Which of course, is the main reason I signed up. Free stuff!)

And I have been chosen to test a product...

..the Rouxbe online cooking school. Yeah. That was kind of a let-down for my first test product ever.

I get a free 14 day trial, where I have access to everything the school has to offer, and at the end of the 14 days I fill out a survey or something giving feedback on my experience. I really have to say - this online cooking school thing has not turned out to be too bad. I'm on Day 2 and I have learned how to make a roux-based soup (should I ever wish to) and how to properly scramble and boil eggs. (Let me just say - I will NEVER cook scrambled eggs the way they want you to. Yuck! Way not done enough.) But the soup thing looked pretty tasty.

Hopefully, next time I get chosen to test a product, it will be something really super cool. Like a skillet. Or a pepper grinder. Or something!

No comments: