Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

The beast goes to the vet.

This past weekend was full of excitement! Not the least of which was a trip to the vet for Yoshi.

We thought he might have worms (yuck!) so we called to see what we needed to give him. They told us they had some medicine but we would need to know how much he weighed. Since he hasn’t been weighed since he was 8 weeks old, any number we could come up with was, at best, a guesstimate. So we loaded him in the back of the truck and drove into town to the vet’s office – and the scale.

He was not thrilled to walk into the office (I mean, come on, it smells funny to me so I can’t imagine what it smelled like to him) but he went. And when we got to the scale, well, he just didn’t trust it at all and kept laying down before he was on it. But we got him scooted up there eventually.

And the numbers went up…and up…and up….and finally stopped around 56.8 pounds.

This pup is only about 7 months old. And he weighs almost 57 pounds!!!

We got him his medicine then and took him back home, where he was quite happy to tip over his water bowl in celebration (I guess).

I just know that I’m really glad “the beast” as he is affectionately named at times is really good natured. Because he’s still got growing to do!

1 comment:

livinglife said...

He is like my dog! She weighed more than that at 7 months!