Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, May 3, 2010

Productive weekend!

This weekend was pretty darn fantastic! For the most part anyway.

Saturday A and I woke up bright and early to go to the city rummage/garage sales and we did wonderfully! There were about 40 sales throughout the city (which is only about 600 people total) and we hit only about 6 of them, but we bought the following:

2 books
A glass casserole dish with lid (one of those older round ones that work really good, you know?)
A green glass jar with lock-down lid
A quilt rack
Some ribbon for wrapping gifts
An old bowl (with print on it—I’m planning on using it as a catch-all kind of thing)
A small shelf with cubby hole kind of shelves to hang on the wall
Around 8 shirts for A
Around 4 pairs of jeans/pants for A
A sweater for me
A Christmas wall hanging
A jean jacket for A
An army jacket for A (for hunting he says)
A toolbox
A push mower

Minus the toolbox, which was $150, and the lawnmower, which was free (more on that in a minute), we spent around $20 all told. Pretty darn good if you ask me!

Anyway the lawnmower was free if we could pull it out of the shed, which A promptly proceeded to do. (He can’t resist anything free.) That afternoon we took it out to his dad’s, along with our riding mower (also free, but from a different source) which needed to be worked on because it wouldn’t start. They had the riding mower fixed in about a half-hour and the push mower started in about 10 minutes! A little more work and A was able to bring it home yesterday, and apparently it works great! So it’s definitely better than what we had before, which was nothing but a weed eater. Exciting!

That evening we did a big grocery run and now we have lots of food, too and that’s always nice. We rearranged the pantry, and put all our canned goods in the old cabinet that we moved out of the kitchen when we bought the new cabinet at the surplus store. So now everything is spread out a bit more, and is much easier to see what we have. I had no idea we had so many darn cans of tomatoes! I think I must buy some every grocery trip! I think we have about 8 cans of petite diced tomatoes…Crazy.
Then we are to Sunday. A majorly productive day in our household. We had 1 load of laundry done before we went to church, then came back and started laundry again (we were super behind on it) and by the end of the day we had done 7 loads total. All while mowing the grass (which takes about 4 hours, because we have almost a whole acre and then have tons of trees and had not mowed in TOO long and the grass was about 7 inches tall!), weed eating (that was A, I refuse to learn), cleaning the whole house, which was terrible, breaking a window in a vehicle with a rock and going to have my car brakes worked on, only to find out that we had left it a smidge too long and have to now have something else worked on that I don’t know how to spell. Then I went home and painted my toenails and emptied out my email box…which had 100 exactly. Good grief. A went to his parents to put his new toolbox in the other truck so he could drive it today instead of the one with the busted window.

We both slept good last night. Can you say tired? I can. But our house looks good now!

No comments: