Sorry for the lack of interesting posts lately…actually for the lack of any posts at all.
At work our busy season is starting, so I don’t have a spare minute there and since its getting warm again outside (despite what the past couple of days would have us believe) there is a lot to be done when I get home, too!
This past Friday was a state holiday – probably the last one of its kind. No more Truman’s birthday. I got all sorts of projects I’d been meaning to do for awhile out of the way – I vacuumed my car, unpacked 3 more boxes in my spare room and did up every bit of laundry there was to be done. I got to hang my sheets outside, too, which was awesome! Anyway, that evening A got off work fairly early so we decided to make it a sort of “date night” and go out to eat and shoe shop and just have a good time. So we ate dinner at Bandana’s, which was delightful, and then made our way through Pier 1, where I almost broke some little bowls, Petco, where we spent too much money on a Kong for Yoshi (toy that holds treats inside—he loves it), and Shoe Carnival where we both got a pair of tennis shoes and I got a pair of super comfortable flip flops. I’m still not sure I should have spent that much money on them. And no shopping trip is complete in my book without a stop at Barnes and Noble, where I bought “T is for Trespass” (which is turning out to be excellent, as expected) and A got a new bible with a camouflage cover. Very successful trip.
Saturday we cleaned the house like there was no tomorrow, because my friend H from about 3 hours north of us was making a trip down to see her new niece and was going to stop by with her fiancé to see my house for the first time. I wanted to make a good impression! Which I think we did. We showed off the house and then went to lunch at Chili’s (can you tell we ate well this weekend?) with them, and watched the movie Iron Man 2. Which was pretty good, but I think it would have been better if A and I had seen the first Iron Man… We didn’t get the grass mowed, but had a good time nonetheless.
Sunday was Mother’s Day, of course, so we were up bright and early at 7:00. We ate breakfast, made no bake cookies to bring to lunch and dinner, walked the dog and got ready for church at 9:30. Then we went to lunch at A’s parents’, A moved a bush for his mom and we helped them plant their tomato and pepper plants before the rain moved in this week. After that planting, we rushed over to our house so they could help us re-till our garden and plant our tomato and pepper plants. We have 12 cherry tomato plants, 4 regular tomato plants, 2 red pepper plants, 1 yellow pepper, 1 orange pepper and a couple other sweet pepper plants that we didn’t quite manage to get done in time. We dismantled the dog pen (made of cattle panels and chicken wire-he wasn’t going anywhere!) and moved it around the garden to keep animals out, and then put up the new kennel we bought at Orscheln’s for Yoshi. By that time, we were hungry! And headed over for supper at my parents’. It was tacos. I love tacos. We watched some tv and ate cake that my sister M made and decorated (very tasty) and then went home where we crashed (figuratively). Very tired, we were.
So as you can see, we were quite busy this weekend! But very successful.

1 comment:
I think your posts are always interesting! And you write so well!
Post a Comment