Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

I said, Brr! It's cold in here!

Well, this week has been full of excitement. (If that’s what you want to call it.)

Monday evening I got home and noticed it was colder than usual—which let to some investigation. Our house was 63 degrees and the furnace wouldn’t light! Great. It’s been awhile since we’ve had any household disasters, so I guess we were due.

Anyway, we ended up calling a heater guy (not sure what that would be called specifically), and A was on the phone with him for about an hour walking through possible solutions. No luck. So we picked up a tiny heater from A’s parents and moved it from room to room to try and warm up the area we were in. Yesterday A’s mom was in Lowe’s and picked us up a more heavy duty portable heater so it was a little warmer last night. And we have 10 layers on the bed (I counted!), so we are doing ok. The worst part is waking up in the morning to a freezing cold house because we’re too nervous to leave the heaters on while we sleep.

The heater guy ordered a part from Kansas which should come in today and be installed later this evening, so hopefully we will be warm again soon!!

Side note: There is a nationwide contest to win $50,000 for your local hospital and Y107 is currently in third place! If you haven’t already, you should register every email address you have (totally legal and within contest rules) and vote 10 times each day until February 5th! The money will go to MU Children’s Hospital in Columbia. Go to https://radiocares.childrensmiraclenetwork.org/Login.aspx or www.y107.com to register and vote! Not much time left now, and I think it would be really amazing if we beat out the major markets that are ahead of us!

Side note: Currently reading Dan Brown’s “The Lost Symbol” and so far it is excellent! Very mysterious and suspenseful and a nice change from reading Jane Austen for so long.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You guys are sure getting broken in on the "joys of owning a home" lol You sure are taking it all in stride and with a good attitude!

livinglife said...

I have been voting too! Hope it is fixed vefore the "winter storm" moves in!