Not that I’m planning on having kids anytime soon….but if I were planning on it I might want to reconsider. I have taken on my biggest Sims 2 challenge to date. I installed it on A’s (now mine, I guess! Teehee) computer and started a family of 2—a husband and wife pair. Her aspiration is family, his is fortune (you know, that’s handy for acquiring household items). Before this attempt I had only dealt usually with one Sim at first…later upgrading to 2 and possibly 3, but I always got the first one started by his/herself and really going well first. Well, thinking that my many years of Sims playing had prepared me, I decided they would start a family (to fulfill the wife’s aspirations). So they had a baby. After an initial adjustment period (because they were still broke and couldn’t afford a baby bed, changing table or high chair, etc., they were doing great. Said baby grows to child. Hmmm, says I. Hmmm, I could probably handle another kid—it would make the mom happy anyway! So I introduced another baby. And disaster began. I could pretty well keep up with the new baby and kind of with the child. Everything was working, if not up to par with my usual standards. No homework was being done. Baby grows to toddler. Child has no fun (being poor strikes again) and so is in no mood to do ANYTHING. Even eat. So she gets pretty hungry, despite my
bestmediocre efforts. Toddler is doing great, but child’s distress outweighs that. Two social workers come and lecture parents about children. Two social workers pack children away in a blue van, never to return. Parents are full of sorrow and cry a lot. I’m mad that my Sim children were taken away. And to think I was getting ready to add a dog to the mix!
Thankfully, the computer glitched just a bit and wouldn’t let me quit the correct way. Which means I couldn’t save the fact that the children were lost and had to control-alt-delete. Which means they will be back today! And I can try again… ☺
In other news, tonight I think we will get a good start on our Christmas cards. Hopefully. And I will get to go see my sister M do her wonderfully awesome flag routine at the high school!
Toodles!
No comments:
Post a Comment