This weekend I finally (FINALLY!) updated my driver’s license information. Yes, I know, 2 months plus after the wedding is probably a teensy bit late, but I had to take off work in order to be able to make it to the courthouse before they closed…and it’s a good thing I did! (As opposed to changing it over my lunch hour at an unfamiliar place.) It’s also a good thing I live less than 5 minutes away from it.
First I got there and forgot my marriage license. Which was kind of the whole point—to change my name. So I rushed home and got the license and came back. And found out that I had to have something with my new address on it to change my address. I searched frantically through my purse hoping I had SOMETHING in there…but my new purse just is too clean! There was nothing! So I went across the street to the post office (hoping some mail had come for me) only to find A’s bank statement…but nothing for me. Sigh. So I rushed home AGAIN and got MY bank statement and went back to the license office. To find a line of 4 people where there had been none. Double sigh. I finally got back to the counter, where the same woman I spoke to before did not remember me (are you kidding? This is the tiniest town ever!) at first. When we finally were getting down to the business of updating information, she had no clue and had to enter all my information 6 or 7 times before it would work! But at least I got to take a new picture, which turned out at least a little better than the previous one.
Christmas preparations abounded this weekend, too! Friday, before the license-changing debacle, I got all my shopping done for A. Woohoo! Saturday, after a marathon house-cleaning event, A and I took off for our yearly marathon shopping event. We got 95% of our Christmas shopping done, and all that remains is the wrapping! We also got a tree topper, tree skirt and two stockings. We have prospects of enjoying finding stocking stuffers, and A superglued the antlers on my reindeer (they were completely falling off and crooked). We hung the rest of our ornaments on our tree, so all that remains is the tinsel, and WE GOT OUR OUTSIDE LIGHTS UP! I’m super excited about that, because everyone else around us had theirs up and not having any of my own was making me sad. But now I can be happy and cheerful! And I’m sure A will appreciate that I’m not bugging him about them anymore.
We were busy busy busy all weekend, but now we are festive and just need to work on our Christmas cards!

2 comments:
Your Christmas lights are very pretty!! Good Job!!! :)
Thank you! We were pretty proud of them, I must say... :)
Post a Comment