Yesterday was a day of successes if ever there was one!
First of all, it was bosses day. And you know what that means. Or you should if you’ve been paying attention! That means it was my day to bring soup to work….so I brought chili. (YUM!) Yes, I know that chili is not technically a soup, but it did the job and was in a crockpot-so easy cook and easy transport. Perfect! It was a hit I think! There sure wasn’t very much left when I brought the leftovers home-just enough for A to have a nice bowlful. He proclaimed it a success, and since that was all that was left, I proclaim it a success, too! It was quite tasty, if I do say so myself. And I didn’t even make the beans (I used cans) or use home-grown beef! So when I make the stuff for home it should be excellent!
Second success story—cheesy mashed potatoes. This may have worked a little better if I had put my oven hotter…but I was afraid of burning them. I made a concoction my MIL told me about out of our leftover wedding mashed potatoes (there were quite a few of them…this was our second batch of leftovers). I mixed them with lots of 3 different kinds of shredded cheese and baked them for about 20 minutes in the oven (again I would say it would have been less time and more baked if I had turned the temp up sooner, but it worked). They turned out a little wetter than I would have liked, but all lovely and hot and gooey and cheesy and delicious! And I made a big Pyrex casserole dish full, so there are lots of leftovers to chow on! Hot Diggity!
To be continued later this week with a sausage pie and chicken enchiladas! MMM!

No comments:
Post a Comment