I'm sorry for my sporadic posting lately...you'll just have to bear with me. I'm trying to get back into a routine, and while it's happening, it is happening very slowly. But I will try to do better!
This weekend I went with my family up to visit my sister, H, who had her 21st birthday on Saturday! Pretty exciting stuff! Then yesterday, after church A and I went on a second grocery/shopping run since we didn't do that great a job on the first one, and forgot a whole bunch of important stuff. Like syrup (very important because my sisters gave us a waffle iron for a wedding present and we are dying to try it out!). And we came home with a lot of stuff not groceries, but that also were necessary. At least to us. Like a television, printer/copier/scanner/faxer, and a paper shredder. Yes, I know that these items are NOT necessities of life, but we felt they were needed and we used some wedding money on the television. Because A's TV does not have any hookups for the DVD player, satellite, Playstation, or the Wii (!!!) that A got me for a wedding present!! Woohoo!
We came home from shopping to a funny smelling house. So A went back to our laundry/utility room and it smelled like gas. Wonderful. So we shut the door to see if that changed the reading on our carbon monoxide sensor. And the number jumped from 13 to 31. I'd call that cause for concern! So we called my Grandpa, who used to work on furnaces and air conditioners and is wonderful at working on them, to come check ours out. He came and brought Grandma with him, so she and I had a lovely chat while I made chili for bosses day and A and Grandpa worked on the furnace. Apparently they got it fixed, but once again, it was reaffirmed that the previous owners of the house never NEVER performed basic maintenance on their house! The furnace was absolutely filthy and full of acid. Yuck! And they discovered a leak from our outside propane tank. Wonderful again. But at least we were leaking out gas we didn't pay for!
Grandpa said our house was safe and that we could have the tank fixed when we fill it, which we were planning to do this week anyway. So it will all be fine, and if Grandpa says the house is safe, it definitely is! After Grandma and Grandpa left, A and I installed the new smoke detectors in the house. (Yeah, it's a one entrance house and it didn't have a single alarm of ANY sort! Can you believe that?!) So then we felt much better.
And on top of all this we think A's flu shot is making him feel really sick. So this weekend was a bit stressful! But I'm sure it will get better and we are planning on working on unpacking boxes and mowing grass and planting bulbs before its too late and setting up new electronics and all kinds of fun stuff this week! Hopefully we will have no more problems so we can get a lot accomplished!!

No comments:
Post a Comment