Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Changing lanes-figuratively at least!

Switching gears here a bit….I know you all may be wanting a change from accounts of my everyday newlywed activities, and your wish is my command! Or at least today it is!

I’m talking dreams today. No, not the ones you have when you’re snoozing away on your comfy pillow. The ones about your future.

My biggest dream is to one day have my own bookstore, complete with a café and big squishy armchairs (sort of like the ones I always imagine inhabit the Gryffindor common room). It would be a casual place without being cheap looking, where people could feel free to sit and read for awhile before going on their way. I want the kind of bookstore that I, as a voracious reader, would want to go to…something with a huge variety of books to choose from and that could satisfy most readers (never say all, I know). I think that if I could manage something like that ever in my life, that would be my absolute dream job. I would love it!

I also want to write a book someday, but I’m still working out if I could even pull that off marginally well. So it’s not a priority dream. Kind of a dream dream.

I want to lose some weight, too (actually, I don’t care so much about the weight as the inches, but at this point it all amounts to the same thing). But that is more of a goal than a dream. Cooking school would be pretty cool, too. (I’m a bit contradictory, no?)

And then there are the dreams that most people have, albeit in variety. The goal is the same. To have a happy life, whatever that entails.

What are some of your dreams? Or just some goals you have?

No comments: