Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, October 12, 2009

And so it begins...

Well, today is the first day back in the real world. At least, it is for A since he had to go back to work today. Lucky me, I don't yet, because of Columbus Day! Woohoo!

Since I've been gone so long, maybe you'd like an update on recent events:

The wedding was a blast! A and I had such a great time! We even escaped having something go wrong (because you know something usually always does). Well, A had a slight pronunciation problem with fidelity, but you know, that is just way ok. It lightened us up a bit (because up to that point, I was so nervous I had almost passed out a couple times! A kept asking if I was ok, so I guess I didn't look it, and wasn't very convincing when I said I was...). Otherwise everything went swimmingly smoothly! It all turned out exactly the way we wanted it to, and our reception was awesome! I don't think I have ever danced that much....well, ever. And I'm pretty sure A hadn't either. We both could barely walk when we headed for home!

The honeymoon (at Disney World!) was perfect for us. We had so much fun everywhere we went, and Disney takes such good care of its guests that we never got lost once or had any problems whatsoever! (Hard to believe, I know, but really the worst problem we had was coaxing our feet to keep moving because there was so much we wanted to see!) We rode Splash Mountain about 6 times, went to the Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom three times apiece, and of course made a trip to Epcot and Hollywood Studios. We had a special dinner in Epcot at a fancy Italian restaurant with cloth napkins and all! It tasted wonderful. I had cannelloni and A had lasagna. We also had yummy bread and hor'doerves (sp?), and DELICIOUS dessert! And one of the best parts was that our entire meal was included in our meal plan and was already paid for...this was a very good thing since the bill ended up totaling around $82! We also met Pluto, a Power Ranger (the yellow one), and Lightning McQueen and Mater from Cars. I tried to meet Ariel (my absolute favorite character) a couple of times, but somehow the timing could never be worked out. I will try and post some pictures later (they are all still in my camera and I think all my hook up stuff is still at my parents house), but suffice it to say that the honeymoon could not have been better! (Even though it was about 95 degrees the entire time we were there, and we have never been so glad to get back to cool weather in October!) :)

The last couple of days A and I have spent pretty much trying to put our house in order, and put away shower and wedding gifts. Last night we headed out grocery shopping for the first time, and that was an adventure for sure! We didn't have any food to speak of besides cereal and the makings for PBJ's, so we needed EVERYTHING, but we had to be careful not to get too much because our kitchen is very low on storage. We managed pretty well, I think. At least we can make it through until we have time to go shopping again!

Today while A is at work, I built a 3 shelf cabinet (by myself!) we bought for storage in the bathroom, and I was planning to hook up the microwave my parents got us. But I don't think I can lift it by myself, and I really don't want to break it, so I will just have to wait on that. I have all the laundry caught up and the rest of the day will be spent washing new kitchen items and puttting stuff away! And maybe I will get a couple more boxes unpacked soon....we'll see!

No comments: