Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, July 27, 2009

Mirror, mirror, on the wall...and a couple other tales

Since school is getting ready to start again for both of my sisters (but not me! Woohoo!) last week was the annual school shopping trip (which I did not get to go on, since, well, no more school for me at the moment. Boo. I love new pens and paper.) from which my sisters both returned with a myriad of brightly colored school supplies. Including one full length teal mirror and one short square bright pink mirror (the frame not the mirror itself was covered. But you probably already knew that.). Those mirrors were, well, nothing short of awesome! I wanted one! Especially since H and M told me they come in all sorts of lovely bright colors. Which, ahem, I LOVE.

So last Friday, I made a trip into Walmart on my way home. Yes, you heard correctly. I took a detour from the mad dash leisurely drive home in order to go into Walmart, store king of chaos. What was I thinking, you ask? I was thinking of those lovely mirrors, of course, and I wanted one just bad enough to brave the masses…which actually didn’t turn out to be too bad. I ran into more Walmart associates than customers, which is a nice change, I have to say. Anyway, I went straight to the new college back to school stuff, located right in front of the door, and zeroed in on the mirrors. I chose a full length mirror, which is kind of royal blue, or blue violet or whatever you want to call it. I call it pretty!

Then I made a trip to the pen section, which is strangely situated a row separate from the rest of the back to school stuff. (What was in that separating row, you ask? Ziploc bags. I know. Weird.) But I FINALLY found the pens after a short and organized search of the surrounding area (because really, when am I ever not organized? Wait, don’t answer that.). I perused and tested grips and made sure I was not grabbing gel pens (because they hate me so much that even brand new pens stop up and DO NOT WORK. They just don’t. So I’ve decided to not like them right back. But that’s another story.). I finally found a 2 pack of lovely blue pens, with a gripper that was THERE, meaning I could see it, and it was not just a stick pen, but was not too big to the point that my hand will barely hold onto the thing. Ahh, the perfect pens for…addressing my invitations!
My wedding invitations to be exact. I have begun the lovely process of searching out addresses, which funnily enough seem to know I’m looking for them and vanish into thin air! But progress in that department has been made. Enough so that I feel comfortable with starting to actually put the invitations into envelopes and address them. Which means I’m getting closer to mailing them. Which means my wedding is shockingly near! I’m excited and nervous and a host of other emotions. But now you understand why I needed pens, and good ones, so desperately. My hand will be sore enough without fighting horrible pens. And I wanted to get in on the school supply action, too… ☺

No comments: