Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, July 24, 2009

Friday Favorite Fives-Disney edition

So, you all remember that I’m going on my honeymoon in October to Disney World? I’m assuming that gave you just a slight hint that I kind of, well, LOVE Disney stuff. I love the movies (Still! And I’m 24 years old! But I’m of the opinion that you can never grow out of stories like that. Or you shouldn’t.) So this week, we will take a stroll through my top 5 favorite Disney movies!

The Little Mermaid: Usually, I do not put numbers or orders on my FFF’s, but this is my #1 absolute favorite. When I was little, I’d watch it over and over and over again. Our VHS version of it has the little squiggly lines that come from too much watching. I love the characters, the music, the story, everything. Not to mention the fact that it has the trademark Disney happy ending. And we all know I’m a big fan of those. A BIG fan. And Ariel has pretty red hair.

101 Dalmatians: This movie is full of one of the things I love: cute, little spotted, playful, humorous puppies! Some of the lines in this one just crack me up (“I’m hungry, Momma. I really am!”). And Cruella Deville is an ultimate villain if ever there was one (“She’s like a spi-der waiting for the…KILL!” as the song says. *shudders*). And a Dalmatian plantation sounds delightful, no?

Bambi: *sigh*. This is such a heart-warming one (except for the part where his mom dies. I hate that part.) I love Thumper and Flower. And I love their quotes (“He can call me a flower, if he wants to…” and “ They call me THUMPER!”). I like the songs in this one too, even though they didn’t end up being as well known as some of the rest of Disney songs have. Little April Showers is very pleasant and makes me want to sit and watch it rain. Imagine that.

Beauty and the Beast: A classic ‘beauty is not only skin deep’ story. She falls in love with the Beast, only to find he was the prince she’d always imagined. Lumier and Cogsworth are fantastic. And Chip, love him, too. Belle’s yellow dress is pretty, and the Beast and she are so funny together when they are falling in love. And the “Beauty and the Beast” song is wonderful.

Lady and the Tramp: Nothing I like better than a love story—especially one with animals in it! I didn’t have this movie until I was a little older, but it never failed to fascinate me. I love animals. (Ok, that was a “duh” moment, yes. Like you didn’t already know that. Sorry.) Tramp showed Lady that you can live a little outside following the rules sometimes and it makes life that much more interesting. Even if it did get her caught by the dogcatcher once…but that’s beside the point. Belle Notte. Does it get any sweeter? With the spaghetti scene? Say it with me now, “Aww”. That’s just the only word for it. Bonus! The puppies at the end are adorable!

So how ‘bout it? Do you still like Disney? What are your favorites?

No comments: