Well, summer is definitely here! I've been going over to my grandma's house every couple of days to help her pick blackberries...sounds nice, right? Well, it is pretty nice if you don't count the prickles that remain in your fingers and the little cuts you get from it. Which really doesn't count as a horrible experience. So I'd have to say I enjoy blackberry picking. With 2 days of picking, we've gotten around 6 1/2 gallons of them! Not counting the 2 1/2 Grandma picked the time she went before I started helping! Looks like some homemade jelly and blackberry cobbler are in my future! Yum!
And that was a ramble worthy of an award, no?
Other events in the page turning calendar include floor surfing (that's what I call it when we peruse different types and price points and kind of pretend we know what we're doing. ;) ), wedding shopping and planning and organizing, and packing to move. (I know I'm not moving for about 3 months, but I figure I had better start now if I'm to get it done at all within the schedule I'm hoping to kind of stay within.) I'm also trying to keep the whole moving thing as organized as possible. My aunt has just moved to a new house, and has come up with horror stories one after another because random things keep going wrong (nothing with the house, just service people, and her appliances, and etc.), which makes me a bit compulsive about controlling everything possible! But I'm kind of enjoying trying to pack things the best way I can into boxes. Many many boxes!
And that's probably enough rambling for a Pulitzer, if there was a Rambling Pulitzer. I wonder who would present that one?

No comments:
Post a Comment