This week has seen quite a bit of progress towards getting my house (Finally!) so I've been surfing through paint colors and flooring like there's no tomorrow! So I decided that it was quite appropriate to list a few of my favorite paint colors that may or may not end up in my humble abode, if ever I can get my grubby little paws on it.
(And let's keep in mind, that yes, I know the picture quality here is terrible. The camera was putting up quite a fight today... If you want to see a better idea of what the color actually is, go to http://www.valspar.com/explore-colors/choose-a-color.html. Then you can surf around the little color palettes until you find the right one! Fun, no?)
First up: Mermaid's Song
- First of all, love that name. Whimsical and fanciful and just plain lovely!
- I'm thinking of this for possibly a bedroom. I think the light bluey greeny color is nice and peaceful and would not keep me up at night!
- It's a blue color. I love blue.
- Did I mention that I like the name?
Second: Ocean Sigh- This is more of a deep blue than it looks here, and I think it would make a pretty bathroom, because I'm planning on using lots of bright colorful towels. This blue would make a pretty background for bright colors.
- It's blue. I love blue..oh, wait, already mentioned that. Sorry...teehee.
- I've always kind of wanted a blue walled bathroom with rainbow colors elsewhere and this matches my imagination pretty well!
- It makes me think of relaxing and watching waves crashing on a beach....or of a nice blue lake rippling in the breeze.
Next: Plum Burst (The middle one)- This is a beautiful purpley purple. Not too dark and opressive, but not too pastelly. I do not like pastels. At. All.
- It makes me think of happy bright flowers.
- And candy. Which I like.
- Would also be a nice bathroom color I think. Possibly.

Next: Spun Honey
- Lovely homey name. Makes me think of fresh baked bread and a kitchen with a brick oven. No idea why. But I like the imagery.
- It's a perfect light, fluffy, delicate yellow.
- I think it may go with the weird color cabinets ok in the house, which is a good thing!
- I just like yellow colors, and light yellows are my favorites.

And last: Autumn Glimmer!
- The name is amazing! Makes me think of sparkly frost covered oak leaves and crisp autumn air that definitely requires sweatshirt wearing. And apple cider.
- I like orange, too. Just do.
- I like words that mean sparkly, glittery, glistening things. They make me happy.
- A nice warm color that would add some oomph without overwhelming too much, if it was done right.

Please go surf that web link, because the colors are so much prettier on there. I am just too technically challenged to get those pictures here...so you have to make do with my terrible, horrible slightly less than perfect photography.
This post should keep you busy for a short while...at least it should if you do what I said and go look at the pretty pictures of the colors!

No comments:
Post a Comment