So, yeah. Completely missed last week's FFF. Sorry bout that.
But I'm a firm believer (most of the time) in the 'better late than never' philosophy, so last week's FFF topic is...book characters!
1. Scarlett O'Hara: Sure, she's selfish, and self-absorbed, and inconsiderate and just plain mean, but she sure goes after what she wants! Forget about getting in her way, because you will regret it. Not to mention the fact that she is a strong woman, sans being a fictional character, and it's quite nice to read a book about a gal that ain't a pansy. If you know what I'm saying. (Not that I wouldn't be a pansy if the book were about me...I just like to read about the non-pansy people. Ahem.)
2. Bella Swan: Yeah, I'm a 'Twilighter'. Of sorts. I do not go for all the crazy fan stuff you see running around...And though I'm pretty much completely Team Edward, Bella is one of my favorite characters. I love the sarcasm that pretty much flies out of her mouth every other time she opens it. And she sure isn't afraid to get mad at someone (ahem, Jacob) and tell it exactly how it is!!
3. Elizabeth Bennet: Pride and Prejudice is one of my absolute favorite books. Part of that is because, sigh, Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth are just so romantic together.... and part of it is because Elizabeth will flout convention to get her point across and will stand up for her beliefs and is willing to alienate people most people would be afraid to look at to hard much less speak to, all in order to defend what she believes is right. Misguided and misinformed though she may be sometimes, she is a true heroine.
4. Ron Weasley: No, he's not the main character or the hero, but he's just so funny! Half of the things I laugh about while reading Harry Potter are his fault! And he puts on a big brave tough face (or tries to) but he's just a big softie...and I'm a sucker for softies that aren't wimps.
5. Eve Dallas: The "In Death" series by J.D. Robb is one of my all time favorites...and Eve is soo not a pushover. She is tough and kicks some serious criminal butt in every single book. And these books do not go overboard on the action scenes, so you become fascinated with the plot, and the way Eve's mind works through the problems to find the solution. No matter how convoluted the path might be to get there.
I noticed a pattern...did you? Seems I have a thing for tough gals in books. Well, could be worse, right?

No comments:
Post a Comment