Mom and I spent the evening figuring out which song to play when and which parts to play and which to cut for the wedding. It went so much more easily and smoothly than I expected it to go! For once it was not too hard to make a decision, because all the songs I had picked seemed to fit for a certain section of the ceremony (for the most part anyway). And this was something that I had been thinking would end up being fairly difficult...because do you have any idea how hard it is to find songs that are unique and pretty and sound good when sung acapella? Let's just say, it's no walk in the park, because you have to avoid songs with long instrumental breaks, and the words become suddenly the absolute most important part--there are no instrumental riffs that sound gorgeous to cover up an awkward lyric.
Putting all the difficulties aside, though, I'm darn excited about my choices! Everything I accomplish now (since we are so close) makes the whole thing seem so much more a part of reality than a dream of the future! Only about 3 months to go!!

No comments:
Post a Comment