Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, July 22, 2013

Windows, doors and siding! Oh my!

Well, this weekend was certainly eventful!

Friday was super exciting – the shingles were finished, the windows came and (as many as currently can be anyway) were installed, and we have stairs to the basement now (as opposed to a ladder in a hole, which this girl is NOT attempting). It was awesome! I love when so much comes together so quickly.

We had also been told by our carpenter that we needed to get our tubs and showers and the like so they could be framed in and plumbed. We did that Saturday, and I’m very happy with what we ended up with. Everything has plenty of shelves and everything is a one-piece unit – so I don’t have to worry about scrubbing seams. We were able to get all 4 pieces (2 showers, a tub/shower combo, and a soaker tub) at Menard’s and everything was in stock so we were able to take it all home that night!

Sunday we went BACK to Menard’s, because the siding was in and the exterior doors, partially so. The siding looks like it will go really well with the shingles (it’s so hard to be sure until you are actually seeing the product in person – books can be misleading!) so I’m happy with that.

We had ordered 6 exterior doors, and 4 had come in. We were only able to take home 3, as one of them had a split frame. So it is being reordered – good thing we went to pick them up when we did so the problem was discovered in time to prevent too much of a delay reordering it. My front door is absolutely gorgeous – exactly what I had envisioned. And it goes with my window grille design well, too, I think.

Now we are in the process of meeting with the heating guy at some point to work on getting that started and meeting with one of the guys helping us do the electric work to get an idea of the materials we will need.


It’s all coming together! I love it.

No comments: