Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, July 15, 2013

It really is a house!

Our house is looking so housey now! The trusses are on (which made a big difference just with that) and part of the sheeting was done by the end of Friday. You can actually kind of see where it’s going now, and know that it is going to be a house when it’s done – not just a compilation of random walls and windows. Not that there was any doubt…it’s just very much a thrill.

It is so cool to see what we have envisioned  for so long in our heads finally taking shape in the real world. Paper transformed into wood, nails and concrete. It’s an amazing process. I’m sure it’s humdrum to those who see this everyday (A for sure was not as excited as I was for the concrete – it’s just another day of work to him) but for me it is just unbelievable. And exciting and fun!

We are going to be ordering shingles soon…we have picked the color we want anyway. I’m not sure when the actual ordering will take place. This weekend I sat down with the blueprints and mapped out roughly how many electrical outlets I want and where I want them – a task much more involved than you might think. You have to consider placement very carefully; you don’t want all your plugs stuck behind large immovable objects and you have to make sure that you will have plenty (but not too many) because they would be a complete pain to add later. I think soon after the roof is completely on, electrical and heating work may begin. (And we will be back in territory where I really can’t make decisions…because I don’t have a clue what all the terms and questions mean.)

Now if I could just fit time in there to work on nursery décor ideas and name lists…hopefully this decisionless time (for me anyway) will help me with that!

No comments: