Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, May 6, 2013

Patience is STILL a virtue, right?


Argh! At this rate, it sure feels like we won’t ever get to start on our house! It is gorgeous outside today, but Wednesday through Saturday at least promises more rain. So that means we most likely won’t be able to start the basement, because it will be more like digging a pond than a basement, and we already have a pond. So I must keep my patience in good working order, I guess.

This past Saturday we went to the auction A’s grandparents were having since they moved off their farm into town, and it went as well as could be expected. A didn’t buy anything and he was a little disappointed about that, but he FINALLY was able to sell his Mustang, which he has been trying to sell off and on for the past few years. (And bonus, with the money from the car, we will be able to pay off our truck! Which is a fantastic feeling.)

I ended up with an older rocking chair and a super rickety little table that in its current condition probably isn’t worth the $2 we paid for it. But I have big plans for it (thank you, HGTV!) to be taken apart and put back together sturdily, then painting it turquoise to match my new front door (when I manage to GET a new front door) and putting plants on it. It will be fantastic. My rocking chair will be getting a new cushion and new fabric on the back and seat and it will be a lovely addition to the new house as well I believe.

Apparently, I’m not the most observant individual, though (I know, shocker, right?), and this was brought home to me once again this weekend. My mom and I perused the items left to be auctioned on Saturday just to have something to do, and there were quite a few old kitchen cabinets and a counter and sink that had been pulled from the basement. I remember distinctly thinking as we walked by that they looked just like the cabinets we took out of our house when we redid the kitchen.

Well…they looked like those cabinets…because they WERE those cabinets. A and I had a pretty good laugh over that one – I had no idea that was where the cabinets had ended up. I felt a little silly not recognizing them, as they were the bane of my existence for a while.

Hopefully I will have more interesting news to post soon, because HOPEFULLY the rain will pause long enough for us to proceed soon!

No comments: