I know I have been gone a LONG while (that seems to be what happens constantly, right?) and I have no promises to be back consistently yet. But I will try.
We have been up to quite a bit actually. Why don't I just give you a rundown?
*We have a garden started! You knew that was coming, didn't you? We managed to get everything planted right before the super-long-raining-forever streak started. So the plants are growing pretty good. We have tomatoes, bell peppers, zucchini, squash, cucumbers and (my favorite) sugar snap peas! Hopefully my peas don't get burned up in the crazy hot weather.
*A and I went with my parents, sister, aunts and cousin to tour the Missouri State Penitentiary in Jefferson City. It was fantastic and I so want to go again! I was absolutely flabbergasted (there really is no other word for it - just ask my mom) at the violence and horrible conditions that were endured there - by guards and prisoners alike. It was unbelievable. If you would like more information and don't think I'm totally crazy, you can go to their website and see all kinds of cool stories and information...and book your own tour! (Come on, you know you want to!) Go to www.missouripentours.com.
*Both my sisters have graduated - one from high school and one from college. I feel so old.
*We put in beautiful landscape blocks around my brand-spanking new patio. Colored and stamped concrete - it looks fabulous! And now I have flowerbeds. With no dirt right now, but flowerbeds nonetheless! I cannot wait to fill them up.
And finally:
*I have determined we need a spare key for our front door. I have determined this because...last Friday I locked myself out of my house and had to borrow my neighbor's phone (I had locked my phone in the house, too) to call my mom to come and let me in my house.
We have been up to quite a bit actually. Why don't I just give you a rundown?
*We have a garden started! You knew that was coming, didn't you? We managed to get everything planted right before the super-long-raining-forever streak started. So the plants are growing pretty good. We have tomatoes, bell peppers, zucchini, squash, cucumbers and (my favorite) sugar snap peas! Hopefully my peas don't get burned up in the crazy hot weather.
*A and I went with my parents, sister, aunts and cousin to tour the Missouri State Penitentiary in Jefferson City. It was fantastic and I so want to go again! I was absolutely flabbergasted (there really is no other word for it - just ask my mom) at the violence and horrible conditions that were endured there - by guards and prisoners alike. It was unbelievable. If you would like more information and don't think I'm totally crazy, you can go to their website and see all kinds of cool stories and information...and book your own tour! (Come on, you know you want to!) Go to www.missouripentours.com.
*Both my sisters have graduated - one from high school and one from college. I feel so old.
*We put in beautiful landscape blocks around my brand-spanking new patio. Colored and stamped concrete - it looks fabulous! And now I have flowerbeds. With no dirt right now, but flowerbeds nonetheless! I cannot wait to fill them up.
And finally:
*I have determined we need a spare key for our front door. I have determined this because...last Friday I locked myself out of my house and had to borrow my neighbor's phone (I had locked my phone in the house, too) to call my mom to come and let me in my house.
So.
We need a spare key!

1 comment:
Good to have you back! Loved your update! The garden, patio and flower beds some super!
Post a Comment