Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Oh my goodness...

...I can't believe Christmas is just right around the corner. We have been trying to get ready around here, but it just seems so much closer to Thanksgiving than it did last year...

The other day was rather interesting. A was home, not able to work because of the very very cold weather, and called me around 9 on Monday morning. The carbon monoxide detector was going off very loudly and persistently. Our furnace was going crazy apparently, and the flames looked like they could shoot out the front of the furnace any minute. So we had some furnace guys come and look at it - they said there is a hole in the burner. Great. My grandpa also came and looked at it (as he used to be a heating/air man himself), and he and A sucked a whole bunch of acid water out of the furnace, which was getting backed up instead of draining properly. Great. (Anyone remember our furnace troubles last year? What the heck. I thought we were done with this for awhile!) Anyway, even though Grandpa said the furnace would be able to last through the winter, no problem, we have decided to get a new furnace anyway. We are just done with having problems with this thing. So now we are in the process of trying to schedule a furnace installation around all the Christmas festivities we have planned also.



Our tree is up, our decorations are up, our cards have NOT been sent. Whoops. We are behind on that big time! Hopefully we will get them out this week so they can get to people BEFORE Christmas. You know, like they are supposed to.


We had my mom take some pictures of us and Yoshi to put in Christmas cards...here are a few we had to choose from.






(This is Yoshi's grumpy face...)

As you can see, it is not the easiest thing in the world to coordinate a very large, hyper, happy dog and two people who are trying to smile at the camera and control the dog at the same time. But all in all, it went better than expected. We did end up getting one that is pretty good (I think) to use. And we had a good time to boot!
Hopefully I will manage to be on here again before Christmas...but until then, enjoy your Christmas music! (I know I am!)




1 comment:

livinglife said...

I was going to blog about my furnace problems this week as well :) oh the joy!