Well I hope everyone had a great 4th of July. Ours was busy, if nothing else.
Friday night we went to a local fireworks show, which was very good. Saturday we went to A’s parents’ house for a bbq and to visit with everyone (A’s grandparents came down to visit, too). Sunday was full of baking beer bread and cookies. We took some cookies to our friends’ that evening when we went to a bbq there and then to watch BIG fireworks. It was all very fun, but I was glad I didn’t have to work Monday so I could rest!
Monday A was off too, so we worked on cleaning the house and started putting knobs on the new cabinets. We got all of them on the doors, so all that’s left is the drawers. They look great! That afternoon we went to test drive some vehicles and to Menard’s. Yes, again. (You’d think we’d get tired of that place by now, wouldn’t you?) We bought a new ceiling fan for the kitchen and a new light to put over the kitchen sink. (The ceiling fan needed replaced because you can’t turn the fan on without the light or the light won’t come back on.)
I’m really liking my new kitchen...I will be glad though when we get the flooring put in, too, though and it will be finished. I’ll be glad for a break from home improvement projects.
Last night we got a cucumber, a bell pepper, a tomato and 2 cherry tomatoes! (We didn’t mean to pick the pepper or one of the cherry tomatoes…they just came off by mistake!) We should have a few more cherry tomatoes to pick tonight, too! I’m so excited that our garden is finally producing a bit more. I was worried about it there for awhile!
Oh yeah, and Yoshi is still growing in case you wanted to know. We had to expand his collar again this weekend, and now he’s so tall we can reach his head without bending over!

3 comments:
What kind of flooring are you putting in your kitchen??
We bought vinyl stick down tiles in "fieldstone". We have already put them down in the bathroom and I really like them. Now we just have to get up the gumption to do the kitchen!
Fieldstone.....sounds like something I would like.....probably neutral and a good floor to "hide" the dirt....which is what I would need! LOL
Post a Comment