Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, May 17, 2010

Mission Accomplished!

Well we did it! Ordered the cabinets. Finally.

Menard’s was a mad house. I mean, seriously, a mad house. You had to rush around to grab what you wanted before it went out of stock. Luckily, we managed to snag the 99 cent tarps we had decided to get and a dishwasher that was on sale. I’m so excited to get our cabinets in just because I’m excited about cabinets, but also because I’m excited to get the dishwasher installed! Wahoo!

My cabinets will be cool. I’ll have one that is specifically for cookie sheets and one that has a pot and pan pullout thingy. Awesomeness. We’re already planning organization and the right order to demolish the old ones in. Because we have to install our new flooring before the cabinets. But you already knew that, I’m sure.

Anyway. I’m tired of rain. It has rained for a week straight and I’ve had enough. Our yard is a soppy jungle and poor Yoshi’s pen resembles a pond in some areas. Yuck. We’re supposed to get some sunshine this week so hopefully we’ll dry out some, soon!

I shopped for a friend’s shower and wedding today, and I’m glad to have that out of the way. I’d tell you what I got her, but I’m not 100% sure she doesn’t read here. I know she’ll like it though.

We also did some junk cleanup around the house this weekend, which was probably prompted by our having to stay inside. We almost overheated the shredder and threw away a ton of old sale ads and newspapers and all the cabinet books we had from our research. And we caught up the laundry. I always love when that happens.

Hope everyone’s weekend was at least a little less soggy than ours!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I can't wait to see pics of your new cabinets!!!