Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Invention from all forums

The sun is shining! I can’t believe it. Hopefully we will be able to mow some grass tonight. And maybe Yoshi’s pond will recede a bit so I can actually feed him in the morning without being splashed foot to waist in mud. Good thing he’s not taller.

We are now in the process of trying to figure out how to work the crazy plumbing through the new cabinets when they come. It was not done correctly at all the first time around, and the floor is concrete so there’s no moving it now without way more work and hassle than we are currently prepared to deal with. I’m sure we’ll come up with something. Necessity is the mother of invention, after all.

Last night, we had another cooking invention that turned out acceptably, if a little strange. I came up with it on the spur of the moment so I’m actually surprised it turned out as well as it did. Here it is, so if you think you’re brave enough, you might try it:

Cook some bow tie (or any kind, bow tie is what I had in my spaghetti container thingy) pasta and mix it with the sauce. The sauce stuff is a mixture of thawed ready-to-eat frozen shrimp, a jar of Ragu Alfredo sauce, some dried basil and lemon pepper salt and the juice from one lemon. We heated that up a little, added the pasta and heated it all until it was hot. It was pretty tasty, but a little strange. Probably would make it again with a few minor adjustments.

Now if only I could come up with a cookie recipe to take to the birthday party this weekend…

No comments: