We went shopping (on Saturday instead of Sunday, because the surplus place is not open on Sundays. Glad we checked on that ahead of time! Thank you MOM! Anyway.). And we bought a truckload of stuff! Literally.
First, at the surplus store (well, really first we went to McD’s and had a yummy breakfast, but first after that. Actually we went to Wal-Mart after breakfast to get dog stuff and I used my Christmas money to buy a Wii Fit Plus. Love it!) we wandered around looking at stuff for about 2 hours. They had just about everything you might think of finding there. Cabinets, plumbing supplies, more cabinets, desks, carpet squares, vinyl tiles, ceramic tile, windows, countertops and I’m sure a ton of other stuff we completely missed or didn’t care to look at. We ended up buying a really nice tall cabinet (over 6 feet tall) for $120. It’s finished with only a few very minor scuffs, and very sturdy. Oh yeah, and did I mention its about twice as big as the portable Wal-Mart cabinet we had been using and it still fits nicely in the same space? It is fantastic. We can fit all sorts of appliances in there and actually see what we have when we open the doors.
They didn’t have any vinyl tile we liked (we’re going to redo the linoleum left in the kitchen and bathroom) so we headed off to Lowe’s. And bought a new faucet, very shiny and tall, so we can fit big pots under it without spilling everywhere. We also bought a new sink and kitchen and bathroom tiles! A also used his Christmas money to buy a big tool set that is very nice (at least to my EXTREMELY untrained eye).
Here’s our sink:
It’s about 2 inches deeper than our current sink, which will be fantastic. And very very useful methinks.
Here’s the tile we chose for the bathroom:
It’s called “chalk” and for some reason I really like that name. We wanted to get away from the pure white that is there now (because I don’t care how clean you are, it never stays white. Right?) but still keep it nice and light and bright.
This is “fieldstone”. Again, we wanted to stay away from bright white and wanted something a little different than the bathroom that would still look good next to our laminate wood flooring. I rather like it.
Now we’re looking at cabinets to see if that is a feasible option for us and planning out the patio and sidewalk we are going to pour to make our house just a smidge more accessible from our driveway!
I just love tax refunds.

3 comments:
Your bathroom tile looks just like the ceramic tile we have in the kitchen! Great choice!
You chose so well for your flooring! Both of those will be so easy to keep looking good and will "hide" the dirt....meaning you won't have to scrub it everyday to keep it looking nice! Good choices!!
Love the tile & sink!
I have been meaning to tell you that your tulips are very pretty! I enjoy them everytime I drive by! :)
Post a Comment