Well, boys and girls, this weekend was certainly packed chock full of entertainment.
Saturday was a beautiful sunshiney day, and after the necessary errand running in town to the bank, post office and my parents to get the baked bean pan and visit my cats, A and I headed home again where we just basically puttered and enjoyed the nice weather. That evening we went to A’s parents for a fish fry—I brought baked beans, which I am proud to say turned out very well. Not quite like Mom’s, but good nonetheless. Everyone said so. Just ask ‘em. Well, ok, maybe you could just trust me on this one?
Anyway, after we all had lots of yummy food everyone settled in to play cards. A and I ended up (kind of by default) being the “babysitters” of J and J, the two kids, ages 4 and 1. Lots of fun! And let me just say, if I wasn’t before I am now an expert PlayDoh ball roller. I can make them faster than you can say “bah” in the words of the 1 year old. But oh boy, can you say exhausted when we finally got home around 11:30? Well, I could.
Sunday after church we headed up to the city to buy cereal bowls (we broke one and had a coupon and decided that we needed more anyway because we kept running out), a birthday present for A’s sister and a new computer chair. We ended up getting all that plus a brand spanking new knife set and all the seeds for our garden this year (which we CANNOT wait to start!). This was a little more than we intended to get…but let me explain.
First of all, our knife set was junk. Every single knife in the set was serrated. Every. Single. One. Even the paring knife. Do you have any idea how difficult peeling a potato is with a serrated knife? Well, I do not advise you find out if you don’t know. You might lose a finger. Or something. Anyway.
We decided to use some of our wedding money to buy a better set and we had a coupon to Kohl’s plus the Kitchen Aid and Chicago Cutlery brands were both 20 % off. After much agonizing and hemming and hawing, we finally decided on these:


Which so far seem to be fabulous. (And pretty.)
We also filled out our cereal bowl set in these two colors (we already had six blue ones, one broke, so we replaced it and bought two in the red color):


Our computer chair searching was also successful, as we were able to find one for only $25 at Staples that is light years ahead of our old chair comfort-wise. Which is all I care about for mySims marathons important computer work. Here’s the one we picked (we got the gray one…which I think totally looks black.)

All in all, a very successful and enjoyable weekend!
Saturday was a beautiful sunshiney day, and after the necessary errand running in town to the bank, post office and my parents to get the baked bean pan and visit my cats, A and I headed home again where we just basically puttered and enjoyed the nice weather. That evening we went to A’s parents for a fish fry—I brought baked beans, which I am proud to say turned out very well. Not quite like Mom’s, but good nonetheless. Everyone said so. Just ask ‘em. Well, ok, maybe you could just trust me on this one?
Anyway, after we all had lots of yummy food everyone settled in to play cards. A and I ended up (kind of by default) being the “babysitters” of J and J, the two kids, ages 4 and 1. Lots of fun! And let me just say, if I wasn’t before I am now an expert PlayDoh ball roller. I can make them faster than you can say “bah” in the words of the 1 year old. But oh boy, can you say exhausted when we finally got home around 11:30? Well, I could.
Sunday after church we headed up to the city to buy cereal bowls (we broke one and had a coupon and decided that we needed more anyway because we kept running out), a birthday present for A’s sister and a new computer chair. We ended up getting all that plus a brand spanking new knife set and all the seeds for our garden this year (which we CANNOT wait to start!). This was a little more than we intended to get…but let me explain.
First of all, our knife set was junk. Every single knife in the set was serrated. Every. Single. One. Even the paring knife. Do you have any idea how difficult peeling a potato is with a serrated knife? Well, I do not advise you find out if you don’t know. You might lose a finger. Or something. Anyway.
We decided to use some of our wedding money to buy a better set and we had a coupon to Kohl’s plus the Kitchen Aid and Chicago Cutlery brands were both 20 % off. After much agonizing and hemming and hawing, we finally decided on these:


Which so far seem to be fabulous. (And pretty.)
We also filled out our cereal bowl set in these two colors (we already had six blue ones, one broke, so we replaced it and bought two in the red color):


Our computer chair searching was also successful, as we were able to find one for only $25 at Staples that is light years ahead of our old chair comfort-wise. Which is all I care about for my

All in all, a very successful and enjoyable weekend!

1 comment:
Sounds like you had a good weekend!!
The cereal bowl colors are pretty!
I can't wait to drive by this summer and see your garden!!!
Post a Comment