Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, March 22, 2010

Birthday success and other recipe projects.

The birthday went off this weekend without a hitch! Which really isn’t saying much, because all I really had to do was make a cake. But I went out on a limb and made it a 3 layer cake instead of a sheet cake…which didn’t go too bad. Everyone said it tasted good, but I think next time I will use a different cake mix, and maybe cook it a little less. It seemed kind of dry to me. But maybe I’m overanalyzing it, because everyone else seemed happy with it!

We went through a bunch of recipes, too and made our shopping list. So now we have a nice little stack of new recipes to try, and if it doesn’t taste good or is super hard, it is getting thrown out! I have a ton of cookbooks and recipes and just keep adding more, so we definitely need to pare some of them down. I’m excited to make some different stuff (you know, since we’ve actually planned to buy the right ingredients we’ll be able to branch out a bit).

I think I’m getting the spring cleaning bug. I just want to go around and throw away a bunch of stuff that is not accomplishing anything. But I’m a packrat of the first degree, so not too much will actually be cut…

No comments: