I’m sorry. I know! I have been slacking a bit and skipping days on you. My blog has been stagnant. But now it’s not!
This weekend was pretty darn busy.
I avoided a scam over the telephone. “Capital One” called about new Federal legislation that they wanted to tell me about. Here’s how that conversation went:
Capital One imposter: Hi, this is so-and-so, and we just wanted to inform you about some new Federal legislation that may change the ownership of your account.
Me: Ok, so tell me.
COI: Let me just pull up your account…ending in ####. Is that correct?
Me: Actually, can that information be mailed to me? Is that possible?
COI: No, it’s actually not possible.
Me: Ok, I’d rather not know then. Thank you.
*Click*
Score for me! Yay!
I also cleaned my house (A of course, was gone deer hunting). After he came home we hung my clothesline outside just in time for it to rain, I washed a whole slew of laundry, and we worked on our “green room” which is full of boxes and is temporarily out of operation. (That must change because sister M is staying with us Friday night! Our first houseguest, woohoo!) We made a ton of progress there. Then we went out to A’s parents’ house so he could go deer-hunting again and we could bring home his bookcase. Which I promptly filled to bursting. And I still have books without a shelf to call home! Crazy, I know. But I love it!
Yesterday after church we worked on the green room a little more, but then headed out to his parents’ house again to help them slice homemade Canadian bacon. Very tasty stuff, but pretty gross feeling before its cooked. I’m pretty proud that I only said “Ew” a couple times. But I stayed completely away from the slicing of the deer meat for jerky! (I really don’t feel that compelled to help with that. It’s icky to me and I don’t eat it.)
Then we cheered for the Amazing Race people and booed some, and then headed home to work on the green room again. That didn’t last long though because we were just plain tired. So we went to bed, and so ended another weekend at the newlyweds’ house!
Not so bad, was it?
Oh yeah, and I watched a show (pretty cheesy one for the History Channel, actually) called Ancients Behaving Badly on Attila the Hun. Apparently, on the scale of “Psychotic Killer vs. Killer with a Goal” he ranked at the very top of the Psychotic scale and killed and plundered for destruction’s sake. He also ranked lowest on the Creativity scale because he left nothing behind. Just a little random trivia for you there.

No comments:
Post a Comment