We all know that we have to eat to live. And some of us, me included, really enjoy that part of life! And there is nothing wrong with that. Food can be a fantastic way to connect with old friends, make new friends, or distract from an awkward social situation (and let’s just admit it, we all have those, too). Food never gets old, as there is always something new to taste, a new ingredient to add, or a new exciting recipe to test. Today’s FFF is going to focus on food (as you probably guessed by my long-winded intro). My favorite type of food, actually. Dessert.
Oh, the joy of creamy, gooey, crunchy, tastetastic sweetness. We all have a favorite dessert; whether we are going all out or just need a bite of something sweet…here are some of mine!
1. Chocolate chip cookies: Chocolate chip. The all-American classic. So easy to make and so many different ways to make them! Soft and chewy or crunchy crumbly. I in particular love the chewy ones that just melt in your mouth. Especially when they are still warm from the oven with an ice cold glass of milk. Comfort food at its greatest.
2. Cheesecake: the smooth creaminess of cheesecake cannot be beat if you’re in the mood for something a little more decadent. Smooth and rich, it can be topped with just about anything, so there is a flavor for everyone. I happen to love strawberry. Or chocolate. Or turtle. Or maybe I should just say that I have never turned down a flavor yet…
3. Pie: Is there anything more welcoming and homey than a homemade pie or cobbler? I didn’t think so. Apple is my favorite, but I definitely can go for blackberry, peach, chocolate (of course), pecan, and oh yum, pumpkin! Pie can be dressed up or down, for special occasions or just to have something to snack on. Beautiful AND delicious!
4. Apple Crisp: I know, I know. This KIND OF falls into the pie category, but not really. How can that crispy, crunchy, cinnamon-y crust full of oatmeal and lovely spices be counted as a pie crust? It really can’t. I know you agree. The sweet tenderness of apples (or ya know, whatever kind of fruit you like) combined and topped with that crispy topping is a texture and taste combo out of this world! Yum!
5. Ice Cream: I know you all were wondering when this one would pop up. How, in listing favorite desserts, could something as universally loved and versatile as ice cream be left out, you ask? That cannot be skipped, you say. Well, I happen to agree. I love ice cream. Chunky with chocolate and full of creamy swirls of caramel or strawberry, or smooth and simple like plain ol’ vanilla or chocolate, I love pretty much all of it. Except for the really WEIRD flavors. I absolutely go for all things chocolate and chunky and candy-barrish. Wow. It just doesn’t get much better than that. And ice cream is portable, and comes in pops! Who can resist?
These are just a few of my favorite things out of a wonderful subcategory of food. Did I leave anything out?

1 comment:
Love LOVE love LOVE...did I mention love?!...ALL things dessert. I could LIVE off dessert. No joke. I don't think there is a dessert I wouldn't eat!
Post a Comment