Well, as you all know, A and I will soon be taking possession of the house we bought which has led me to start seriously contemplations of all the little renovation projects (and some not so small) we want to accomplish. What needs to happen first? What do we need to buy? What needs measured before we buy? And a whole host of other questions just like that. So today’s FFF is to let you in on some of the things I’m looking forward to most about finally getting our house…
1. Mowing the grass: Yes, I know. I know mowing the grass is one of those mundane chores that most people strive to avoid, but me? I’m looking forward to it with relish! In some strange way, the state of a yard indicates the type of people inside that house to passersby. I’m anxious to leave a good impression! And mowing brings nice memories of my grandpa, when I’d help him mow his yard. So mowing is not a chore to be avoided, but one to be anticipated! And from the things I’ve heard about the state of the yard over there…I have a lot of anticipation to satisfy!
2. Changing the locks: Something about putting completely new locks on really feels like it will make the house REALLY ours. You know, then we will have complete control over who has a key to our house, and there will be no chance of having a stray one running around out there just waiting to be snatched up…
3. Ripping up carpet: Demolition! Who doesn’t love it? There is something innately satisfying in the process of ripping stuff out and not having to worry about whether or not it stays in good shape or not, because it is going OUT the door! And I just like doing things that will make a mess sometimes…even if I’m the one that will have to clean up the mess.
4. Painting: You knew this one was going to be on the list! I can’t wait to freshen up all the rooms and make them our own. Paint can instantly change the personality of a room, and since I’m painting pretty much every room, it should be a completely different house by the time we’re through! And is it not so satisfying to cover up a color you despise with a color you love?
5. Putting in the laminate: We haven’t ordered it yet (it doesn’t take long to get in), but we are planning on putting new laminate flooring in about 3 of the rooms that have previously had not-great-shape (or pretty) carpet or concrete in them. We’re planning on putting the floor in ourselves since it should be fairly simple tongue and groove type stuff, so the feeling of a job well done is hovering in my future. And I do love that feeling.
Hopefully we will be in our house soon, and all of these things will be more than a to-do list…I want them to be on the got-done list, and I am going to enjoy the process immensely!

No comments:
Post a Comment