It seems lately that most of my weekends are filled up with all sorts of activity. (I know, I know. That’s no surprise when you’re planning a wedding and trying to get everything done in time. But that’s beside the point. Well, not really I guess. But we’re going to move on anyway!) This past weekend was EXTRA full! Especially Saturday.
Saturday morning I went with A to meet up with his parents, sister, aunt and grandparents to go to a breakfast fundraiser to benefit S’s (A’s sister, and my future sister-in-law!) organization. It’s a nonprofit organization specifically designed to help people with disabilities and their families. An absolutely wonderful organization. And aside from the fantastic cause we were supporting, I’m always up for breakfast!! **Ahem**
After breakfast (which was quite fun), A and I went back home to have his truck washed by the flag corps my youngest sister is part of. They were having a carwash fundraiser…and his truck really needed washing. I mean REALLY needed it. We were just giving our support left and right!
Then we drove by our soon-to-be home, because we like to do stuff like that. You know, make sure it’s still standing and all. Then we headed to the city to buy wedding rings and go bed shopping! We managed to have great success with the wedding bands, but not as much with bed hunting. We found some mattresses that were comfortable and found a bedframe that we really liked, but we’re not quite ready to buy. We need to finish our research, ya know.
Then came yesterday. (It was Sunday for all you people who might not have picked up on that. Oh, wait, I know none of my readers would have missed that because you are all so intelligent. So scratch that.) Went to church, then home, then to the grocery store to get Rice Krispies to make treats for snack day, then home again. I made my first Rice Krispie Treats (Definitely a category 1 Success!!) and then me and my family (parents and sisters) headed out to watch Harry Potter 6. (Because we are Harry Potter dudes and we’re cool like that.) It was good! Of course they chopped it up and left stuff out and changed it a bit, but it’s been that way for all the movies and if you don’t like that kind of thing, you should just read the books. Which are way better. But you already knew that. I then had my first trip to Ruby Tuesday’s, which was yummy, and then a trip to Cold Stone Creamery. Always worth the trip and the money! They threw my ice cream across the room and caught it in the dish! Way cool. (And you really can’t go wrong with Peanut Butter Cup Perfection. It is perfection, after all.)
Whew! Out of breath just reading that! And that wasn’t even quite everything! (I also made a trip to visit A after I got back from the movie, but you probably figured out that one of those was going to fit in somewhere. ‘Cause you’re smart like that.)
So, I’m off to catch my breath and you should do the same probably! Toodles!

No comments:
Post a Comment