And I have to say that both of the houses, though one a bit more than the other, had their possibilities. They are both CUTE little houses! The one we liked better was updated a lot more which I have to say, kind of increases its appeal for me. Especially when I'm feeling lazy. Which
The kitchen in the 2nd house (which is the one we liked better) was basically brand-spanking new, and had some really cool features in the cabinets! (A shelf that slides out from the cabinet is really all it was, but in my world that constitutes a fabulous reason for excitement!) It had one of those nice, easy to clean ceramic topped stove too that comes with the house.
All in all, the first house would require some major cleaning, basically new windows (or something because almost all the windows were surrounded by duct tape! I know it's a fix it all but really? Duct tape?), and the hardwood floors would probably need refinished in the near future...and while I'm not completely opposed to some renovation/update work in my future home, I would like to avoid the extra
The second house is move-in ready, basically. Not counting the cosmetic work that I'm so looking forward to! There is a lot to be said for move-in ready! And it was just plain cute!
Our search is not over yet of course, we've only just begun. But let me say that this second round of looking was so much better than the first!

No comments:
Post a Comment