Last Saturday was quite an eventful day in the Page Turning household. I applied for my first loan (with my boy of course!), I bought my wedding dress (!!! more on that later!), my little sister bought her first prom dress (really, when were they allowed to get so old? I'm protesting!), and me and the boy looked at our first house...
If that's what you could call it.
Me, my fiance, and his mom all piled into his truck to see if we could find a house (which was quite in the middle of nowhere, thank you very much) we were kind of interested in looking at for our first home.
Until we actually found it.
When we drove up, I felt a sense of foreboding that this was not quite going to go as expected. I may have felt this way because the house looked nothing like the ads in the newspaper or on the realty website. Well, ok, it did a little. It was recognizable as the house from those ads, but there the resemblance ends!
First, the roof was nowhere near the "newer" state advertised, nor was the siding...it looked dirty and run down.
The porch balcony thing was bowed and looked like a lovely rainbow. Now, don't get me wrong, I love rainbows...just not under my feet!
The door was open so we went in, much to my dread. Now, I know there is no one living in that house. I know empty houses will have a smell. I was prepared for that. But let me tell you, this house reeked.
The carpet was stained, and we saw that the inside floors echoed the balcony outside, and were bowed and sunken. They really did not even feel safe! So what do we do? We go farther in. (Actually, they went further in, and I followed for fear of being left behind in this creepy place.)
There were half empty cups sitting on old broken furniture that was scattered around. There were 5 Smirnoffs in the refrigerator. Trash and old junk was everywhere.
And the creepiest part of all was a little door inside a closet that led to an extra, tiny bedroom. With a toy race car set and apparently (I was too scared to look myself) a crib size mattress with a sheet still on it. It reminded me of the true crime shows you see where the little abused kid had to be locked in a room. This place was like a horror movie come to life! (And I don't even like horror movies!)
Needless to say, I am 110% sure that we will not be looking at that house any longer. I couldn't get out of there fast enough!

4 comments:
House hunting, huh?? If you are interested in living smack dab in the middle of town (right by the Catholic church)....I have a house that I would sell....MINE!!!
Seriously though....not sure if you would be interested in it (size, location, etc.) but if you are, let me know!
Thanks for the offer! Actually, we are trying to avoid living in town if we can at all...we are such live-in-the-country people its not even funny! :)
Sounds like that was a party house to me!
Woah! That's a horror story if i ever heard one :)
Post a Comment