Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, February 27, 2009

Too-Morrow! To-Morrow! I Love Ya, To-Morrow!...

Ok, so maybe its not worth singing songs from (awesome!) musicals about...but tomorrow IS a big day for me! First time ever trying on a wedding dress...the search begins! I've been looking at magazines and websites for what seems like forever, trying to find a sense of what I like. Definitely, DEFINITELY won't be a slinky little clingy dress! (I'm a bit too not small for that kind of thing!) So I'll probably go with a little poof...you know, the whole princess dress thing. YAY!!

Also on the home front, I bought my first official wedding day item yesterday. I'm quite proud of my purchase too! I got a flute set from Things Remembered...they originally go for something like $40 to $50 dollars. (And if you really think I bought them for that much, wow. Just wow. I totally don't do that kind of thing! Bargain shopper here!)

I got them for $10! So I'm extremely proud of that...the store was going out of business in the mall, so everything was 75% off. I love those kinds of sales. **Wistful sigh.**

Down to business again, though.

I'm reading a new book which I quite enjoy. You would too if you like the whole Victorian era of writing (I think that's the right era...not quite sure. But its got that VIBE. Ya know?)

Anywho, it's called "A Whisper in the Dark" by Louisa May Alcott (think, "Little Women" Ahh, I knew you knew who she was!). It's a collection of "thrillers" she wrote before and after she became famous for Little Women. It's delightful, because the Victorian era did not run to thrills as we see them now...a little ankle showing was inappropriate then. So these short stories are very mild as far as thrills go (which is fine by me!) and I'm quite enjoying them.

That's all for now! Tune in next week! (Or sometime!)

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Did you get to go dress shopping, or did the snow stop you?