It’s funny how this is working out…the more progress that is
being made on the house the less I have been reporting! Let me just say, that
even though it was anticipated with great relish, the actual beginning of
decisions that involve me makes me busy.
So let me bring you up to date. The basement concrete work
is done. Done done. Concrete left to do includes the garage floor and whatever
wall stuff has to go on there (I don’t know that part!), porches, and back
patio. All of which will be delightful. I actually believe the garage floor
should happen soon if we can get the backfill completed enough. (A LOT of
gravel has to go into a BIG hole. This takes some time to do if you don’t have
heavy duty equipment to do it with. Which we don’t.)
Carpentry-wise, things are moving fast – we’re talking
probably twice as fast as I thought it would. (Not that I have a super informed
opinion on this time of thing.) The walkout wall in the basement is framed
(window holes! And a door! It’s fabulous.) and the floor joists were completed
in a day. Yesterday, the subfloor was put down.
Which means – I have a
floor! I got to walk on it. It was great.
We also have a hole for the stairs, which thrills me. We
went out last night because all the lines were chalked out for wall-building
and we had to confirm the correctness. Would I know if it was wrong? Probably
not. But it’s nice to feel needed. It is starting to REALLY look like a house
now. I know I’ve said that before, but now it REALLY does. Awesomeness.
Also, windows have been lined out, confirmed by the
carpenter and were supposed to be ordered today. I think I will absolutely flip
out when they get here. I’m so excited to see them!
On the horizon – in the next 2 to 3 weeks or so, we need to
finalize our siding and shingles choices. And probably the rock we will be
adding to the front jutted-out section. It’s harder than it sounds to
coordinate all of this. We also need to get a more final idea of the doors – I’m
sure they won’t follow too far behind the windows. It’s so fun! I love it.

No comments:
Post a Comment