Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, May 13, 2013

I love progress!

The basement is finished!

Well, I should clarify, the hole for the basement is finished. The excavator finished it up Saturday evening. So  now we are on to trying to get the concrete scheduled - we'll see how that goes!

We took Yoshi with us Saturday to look at the hole, and he was afraid of the machines. He wouldn't get out of the truck and barked at the track-hoe-excavator-thing. Let me just say there was no one in the machine, it was not running and was not coming to attack him or anything. But he was AFRAID. Grandma and I were laughing at him pretty much the whole time we were up there.

The basement looks really good though (not that I'm a super experienced judge of that sort of thing), and it really makes the space look a lot bigger than when there were just stakes stuck in the grass. It's funny how your eyes play tricks on you like that.

We also called the phone company to get them to move the phone cable from the very inconvenient and shallow location across our driveway. Surprisingly, it took us longer to get to an actual person than it did to get them to schedule time to move it! So we will see if they do it right - I am skeptical - I totally didn't expect it to be that easy.

Oh and did I mention we have a driveway now? Because we do. It's cool. Except it still can't get a car in there...baby steps, people. Baby steps.

Hopefully I will have a concrete update soon!

No comments: