Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, March 11, 2013

The Biggest Big-Time Project We Have Ever Done

Well, I know it has been awhile. Over a year… And A and I have a new venture!

 We are…building a house! It has been quite an adventure so far. We started out just browsing home plan books because we knew someday we would like to build and just enjoyed speculating and imagining what type of house we would like.

 Due to some other unforeseen events this past year, the house-building dream suddenly pushed itself into front and center! We found ourselves flung headfirst into getting materials estimates from various places (which takes longer than you’d think!) and sending our favorite plan off to someone for drawing and adjustments and additions to make it perfect.

 Now we have the plans, we have the spot (which is fabulous) and we have the loan paperwork into the bank. Now we are just waiting. And waiting. And waiting on the bank to finalize everything.

The suspense is just about to kill me. I want to buy stuff so bad it’s unbelievable. (And yes, I know, that attitude is liable to change fairly quickly after we have to start paying for all this stuff I want to buy…but for now, it’s fun.) I have been reading reviews and comparisons online like crazy – which countertops are better, which roofing material is better, what are the best ways to save money, etc.

But, before anything can be done, that bank must get its stuff together! Hopefully we will hear back within the next couple of weeks!

No comments: