Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Blogging? What's that?

Oh yeah...sorry I've been kind of absent from posting. Summer came, and with it came oodles and oodles of stuff to do.

Work is so crazy busy right now (which I like because the days absolutely fly by) that my normal "think of blog ideas" time is gone! I'll try to be a bit more regular (because let's face it, my life is just that interesting! heehee) with posting but until about July or so I may be pretty sporadic. I'll give it the ole best shot, though!

So let's try and get back up to date...

Our garden is doing fantastic! At least to me - it's our first garden together and we have very limited space - it is so COOL. We have 17 cherry tomato plants that we grew from seeds (I really truly though some of them would die off) and 4 regular tomato plants (with baby tomatoes already!). We also have one eggplant plant, which we are fighting bugs off of pretty heavily, and 7 bell pepper plants. Then we planted a row of beans (which we surprisingly successful as well...I hope we like the taste!), a row of green onions (I know, kind of late for these, but whatever), and a row of cilantro. We have 3 tiny squash plants coming up, along with Italian salad blend and parsley (which may or may not grow since we soaked the seeds for 3 days instead of the recommended overnight). All that is packed into a 16 by 16 foot square! Needless to say, I have been wishing my size 11s were just a tad smaller...

Yoshi is about 6 times the size he was when we found him, and he is hilarious. He's gangly, and clumsy, and enthusiastic and sweet. And much less bite-y than before, which is a huge relief. Especially to my fingers. He has discovered that dirt clods are tons of fun to shake around really hard.

We redid the bathroom! New floor and new toilet (2 3/4 inches taller than before! Which is a lot when you and your husband are both 5'11" and the previous one was only 14 inches off the ground...). I love love love the new floor. It looks so much cleaner and nicer. And it feels better on bare feet. *Sigh* I just love my bathroom now.

Friday our kitchen cabinets are due to come in, if we read the receipt right. I'm very excited about this, too! It's one of the last big "redo" projects we have left, before we can REALLY enjoy our home! As much as I love the new bathroom, the kitchen is going to be 10 billion times better... (insert a small squeal of excitement here, please)

Well, that's about it for now! I'm extremely enjoying the warm weather outside. We have a lot of trimming and sprucing up and GARDENING to do, so its nice to finally be able to do it. Now if only I could get the freckles on my arms to even out for the wedding I'm in on July 31st....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like an impressive garden for your first time around! And there is NOTHING like home grown tomatoes!

Your bathroom sounds great! And soon your kitchen will be too!