Yesterday was ‘take Yoshi to the vet’ day. By myself, since I get paid when I take off work and A does not.
So I took off a couple hours yesterday morning to allow plenty of time if any difficulties ensued. Everything was going fairly well before we left. We had a bit of chewing on my jeans leg, despite all the ‘no’s’ in the world, but otherwise we were doing great. I tied him to the front porch railing when it was almost time to go so I could get my purse and load his tub (to sit in-he was having NOTHING to do with the cat carrier I had) in the car, ready for the puppy. Then when I went to get him off the porch (I had to unhook the leash from the collar because of the knot I tied-probably not my best move…) he decided to be EXTREMELY chew-crazy and think my hands were super fun chew toys….and would NOT let me hook his leash back to his collar. I was stressing out a bit, because 1: I didn’t want him to run off before I could catch him and 2: we needed to leave!
I finally managed to sneak past his little chompers and get him hooked and took him to the car and put him in his tub. After that, he was the most calm puppy you will ever see. He sat still in the car, and on my lap in the vet’s office while we waited even though there were other whining dogs in there and he was curious about them.
I said all that to say that he is a healthy puppy who weighs 9.5 pounds (he sure does eat like he weighs that much—you can pretty much sit and watch him grow). Apparently he is a lab cross. Which is a good thing. At least that gives us some idea of how big he might get.
Now we just have to cure this little chew problem he has…which I have a feeling will take a very long while. (He chews on dirt even, I saw him do it.) But its only up from here!

No comments:
Post a Comment