Every once in a great while, it’s spring cleaning time in my world. Now, this big time cleaning does not depend on the time of year, but rather upon my inner self and the amount of stress I’m having in my life due to things that I CAN control. (I have a horrible procrastination habit. I never leave stuff for too long, but I will leave a lot of stuff at one time instead of just getting the job done when I need to. But that’s another story entirely.)
This is one of those big cleaning times. I’m not talking house cleaning, although that is often includcd. I’m talking get-all-my-stuff-organized-so-I-can-find-everything-I-need-when-I-need-or-want-it cleaning. I’m talking stop being lazy for a while and get my stuff together. Lately with everything (little things, but together they add up to big stress!) going the way it has (you know, broken hot water heater, ants in the kitchen, and the seemingly never-ending chore of moving and unpacking) I have been feeling incredibly stressed. Which is really nothing new; I stress a lot. I know that.
But I’m tired of it. And I’m going to fix it…or at least lessen it by getting my hiney in gear!
On my to-do list:
1. Balance my checkbook: this one is big and nagging because it has been awhile (wedding planning got in the way and now I wish it hadn’t!)
2. Straighten up the office: it is kind of in arrears because we found some ants in there yesterday. The desk is away from the wall and there are tons of papers in there that need filed in our lovely and completely functional though currently mostly unused due to other things taking priority. If the ants are gone, I’m taking charge and the clutter will no longer rule
3. Laundry: I’ve actually been keeping up with this quite well, but the stress of the ants has put me behind a little. I’m catching up!
4. Reline dresser drawers: I have a second dresser with mostly stuff that needs sorted out in it, or empty drawers. I’m going to reline the drawers with newspapers and move some of my clothes over (since I bought new clothes for Florida, my protestingly full drawers have gone completely on strike and will not, I mean WILL NOT hold anymore. I have shoved as much as possible in there). I’m taking charge of the leftover clothes, too!
5. Empty/work on emptying at least one box a night: I have a lot of boxes just waiting. Waiting to be stored, waiting to be emptied, just waiting. No more waiting allowed! Progress will be made!
I can’t control if there are ants in my pantry (though we’re doing our darndest to get rid of them), and I can’t control if my hot water heater goes out of commission. So I’m going to control what I can. I have no idea how long this mood or whatever you want to call it will last, but hopefully it will be a while! Wish me luck!

2 comments:
I totally know how you feel. When I am stressed out my OCD kicks in high gear! There are a lot of things I can't control, so obsessively cleaning and organizing is my personal way of taking charge of something I can control.
MFA has these wonderful little ant traps that they crawl into and get stuck....I always keep some around....just incase.
Post a Comment